Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Matt!


Today my old man is officially an 'OLD MAN'! for the next 25 days we are the same age, and boy do I give him schtick for it! Then after I turn a year older again he gives me schtick for the next 11 months... Fair huh?

I used this weeks MojoMonday layout for his card and got some inspiration from an old flannel shirt he used to wear ALL THE TIME when we first met.



So heres the card...


I love the way the background turned out! I just used some red and black card stock cut into 1" squares and lightly sponged some Grey ink on a few of the red squares to get the different tone...


The stamped image of the man has considerably more hair than Matt but I can dream!

Ill be back later with the details... I hear a-stirring from the bedroom and he hasnt opened this card yet... Shhhhhh!

C xx

Ok, I think were safe... The bear just grumbled and rolled over!

Recipe.
Stamps: Cheers to you from SU!, My Guy Ian from The Greeting Farm
Cardstock: All SU!. Basic Grey, Very Vanilla, Rose Red(!), Basic Black, Kraft.
Ink: StazOn Black. All others SU! Black, grey, image coloured with Markers and blender pens.
Buttons from stash.

Couple of the details Im lovin are the black brads... Theyre not brads! I couldnt find any black ones so I used my crop-o-dile and punched out some circles. I glued these down and added some highlights with a white gel pen. Did you notice the buttons are all 'threaded' well, thats not real thread either. I just cut a really thin strip of card and threaded through the holes... Cool huh? I saw this recently on somebodys blog, but for the life of me I cant remember who... Thanks whoever it was... coool tip!

We will be in and out most of the day today... I havnt bought gimpy anything yet coz the answer to the 'what do you want for your birthday' question was 'Uh Dunno'! We will be spending a few hours in Hastings I think! Then out for a family dinner tonight and who knows I might even have a spare 5 minutes to bake and decorate a birthday cake along the way...!

Enjoy...

C xx

1 comment:

savvy teaching tips said...

Great job. The plaid is very trendy at the moment. Please check out my blog for blog candy. stamperontheshore.blogspot.com