Sunday, January 25, 2009

Kristinas Colour Challenge #39... Flower Power!

Heres another Colour Inspiration Challenge from Kristina Werner. And BOY! Was this a challenge for me! As you can probably tell I dont use alot of the Bold Brights colour family in my cards. Im not that kinda girl! So this was a real push for me!


The colours are Black, Real Red, Green Galore, So Saffron and Whisper White...

Well heres what I came up with...


Heres a couple of close-up photos...


Ive used the Truck Loads of Love set and the Neighbourhood Jumbo Wheel for the background. The Flower Power truck was done by stamping onto some DSPaper (Level 1 Hostess gift!) twice and cutting out. If you look at the close up photo you can see that I have taken the top layer (just the wheel arches) and 'popped' them up with some dimensionals to give a 3d look. Kinda cool huh? It doesnt show in the photo but I have used some 3d gloss (Glossy accents or similar) on the hub caps too for extra dimension. The road and highlights on the tyres are just added with a Signo white gel pen.

Although a struggle for me I really enjoyed creating this card. And I want a truck just like this one too!

Please tell me what you think...
TTFN!

C xx

2 comments:

Hayley said...

love it

Kate Lewis said...

LOVE IT! I adore that flower power truck and the tags! Fab card Carolynne! Kate x