Friday, October 9, 2009

Just for Fun!

A PINK card today as its October, Cancer Awareness month... Have you had your annual (yukky) checkup? Make that appointment and do a self-exam in the shower tonight, it only takes a minute and could save your life... End of lecture.


So heres a little pink and girlie card I created last week. I must admit that this card was the inspiration for the Colour Challenge card in the last post...


I started with the main image... I wanted to emboss it for the raised effect and remembered some hot pink embossing powder that I had in my stash for - literally - YEARS! Well it started off hot pink and then when I heated it... it wasnt hot pink anymore but sugary pink!

The original plan I sketched out had just a panel on one side that was a patchwork effect of 6 squares... Well I wanted a bit more texture so started to collage the panels. I thought they looked like fabric swatches and kept on layering...

I could have carried on with the dressmaking theme but thought this was enough detail...


Im still not 100% happy... I think it needs a shadow under the dress 'form' but Im scared...!

Recipe.
Card: SU! Certainly Celery, Cameo Coral, Whisper White.
Ink: Cameo Coral Marker.
Stamps: Stampabilities 'Wire dress form'. SU! 'Sanded' background stamp.
Paper: Sweet Always, Paper from Shes too cool scrappin kit (Ret) & Celery DSP.
Pin, buttons and embossing powder from stash.

Enjoy
TTFN

C xx

No comments: