Tuesday, October 13, 2009

No stamping today! But you still get a card...

Shhhh! Dont tell...
You can make cards without stamping!

I had some papers bought and waiting last week for a specific card and then I saw what the Colour Challenge was this week over on Stamp With Us...


Talk about coincidence!...

Heres the card...

I actually managed to make this from start to finish with the recipient in the room and he didnt even notice! To be fair he was sprawled out on the sofa watching cartoons and other than for food and pee breaks you can rely on him being oblivious to earthquake, plague and the nuclear bomb!

I realised while planning this that I am seriously lacking in my stamped image collection. I have no boy stamps! Yes, I have trees and some graphic cirles but nothing that really suited a teenage boy! WOW!!! Im going to invest in some soon... I think I overcame the lack of stamps though...

Ive gone a bit 'Kristina Werner' and whipped out the gel pen for some faux stitching.


Pretty easy card, just glued the paper onto the chipboard numbers (make sure you glue to the front... ask me how I know...?) After the glue has dried you can roughly cut around the chipboard and then go at the edges with a sanding block or a large nail file (NOT the metal ones - ask me how I know...?) I assembled the card and then added the faux stitching on the edges of the chipboard to make them stand out a little more...

Well, my son officially becomes a teenager tomorrow... although he has had the attitude for a couple of years now...! Please send the men in white coats with copious amounts of chocolate and vodka in my direction asap!

Happy Birthday Son!

Recipe.
Cardstock: Basill
Paper: from Hobby Lobby
Chipboard numbers: Stampin Up!
Buttons from stash, Old Olive Ribbon from SU!. White gel pen and SU! Night of Navy Marker.

Enjoy,
TTFN

C xx

5 comments:

Ruth M said...

What a fab card for a teen male - perfect! Great job on the colour challenge!

Steph said...

This is so fab - I just love it! Well done you. x

Stamp WIth Us said...

Brilliant colour match and FAB card!

Thank you so much for joining in with the challenge this week, don't forget to pop back on Sunday to see if you made the top spot!

XXX

Arielle H Gordon said...

Wow - I love all the faux stitching & the paper... very awesome card!

Sara said...

Great masculine card and fab match to the colour challenge. Thanks for playing along.

Sara xx
Stamp With Us Design Team