Thursday, February 25, 2010

Pre-Teen Birthday.

Ok, if you are lucky enough to have a pre-teen girl in your home you will probably know what and who these colours represent... My daughter (bless her heart!) wanted me to make a Hannah Montana card !?!?!?!?!? Ok! says I feebly... thinking to myself how the bloomin heck am I gonna do that without infringing copywright & messing up the logo royally! Well... this is what I came up with. A compromise!

I abandoned the idea of copying the Logo and just followed the colours and the star theme... Luckily the colours matched pretty darned well with Stampin Up colours so away I went. Now the nesting stars was another challenge... How did I do that? I went to my Digital Scrapbooking software (You could use Photoshop or even just shapes in MS Word) printed up the sizes I wanted, used dotto temporary adhesive and cut round the templates onto coloured cardstock!

Im actually quite pleased with the results... The dots in the background were just freehanded to break up the pink!

Im told the recipient was very happy and knew the reference too! PHEW! Mission accomplished!!!

All products SU!

TTFN

C xx

No comments: