Wednesday, January 27, 2010

2yr old Birthday card...

Im posting this hoping that the recipients mother doesnt see my blog... So far I think Im ok... This was another of my Commission cards... This time the brief was to make a Birthday Card for a 2 yr old Boy...

So I thought, bright colours, a truck, ballons and presents... What more would a 2 yr old boy want!?? I had fun with this one. Stamped with StazOn and coloured with my blender pens and SU ink. I lifted one of the baloons, and the presents on 3d foam and then decided that the card still needed a little Oomph... I used some 3d gloss, (Crystal Effects or Glossy Accents are two really good ones if youre shopping) and filled in the blue balloon, the red number 2 and the hub caps of the truck. (The number was cut out with a cuttlebug alphabet/number die using my big-shot. I cut out a red and a blue and layered the blue underneath to look like a shadow. The photo doesnt show it very well but I also did some sponging on the background and theres little fluffy clouds too! This was just done with some bashful blue ink and a scallop circle punch-out.

Again I remembered to decorate the inside with some strips of coloured cardstock.

What do you think?

Recipe
All products SU! Except red ribbon and 3d gloss.

3 comments:

Kate Lewis said...

Ooh, Carolynne this is a PERFECT boys birthday card! I love the colours!! Hope you're wel! Hugs Kate x

Abi Bundy said...

perfect!!! love the balloons great colours!

Karen :) said...

William is gonna love this!