Thursday, January 21, 2010

Book of love...

A really quick post today...
My daughter (who will cringe if she sees this post!) is at that certain age... Ive noticed shes doing her hair every morning, cant wait to get to school, and theres some scribbled heart shapes with initials inside on her school folder... I decided to make her a little scrapbook so she could put 'whatever' inside and no-one would look in it.

Heres what I came up with...

Its a little 4x4" scrapbook made by cutting several pieces of cardstock measuring 4x8", scored at 4", and gluing the pages back to back to make the inside. The cover was made by cutting a piece 4x8 1/4", scoring at 4 and 4 1/4". The extra 1/4" allows for the bulk of the pages. This it glued to the front and back pages. The inside is decorated too but I promised not to look inside anymore so I cant show you!!!

The box is just made 1/4" bigger all round, and the lid 1/8" bigger than the base. Hope that makes sense...

The gorgeous papers came free with a magazine! Hard to believe but they did!!! Ive had them in my stash for over a year, but the pink, flocking and glittering screamed my daughters name! The letters came free too! And the glittered chipboard flower!! AND the thin ribbon!!! Black cardstock from SU! Pink Taffetta Ribbon from SU! Ink from colourbox. "Lace" made from SU! Very Vanilla Cardstock and Martha Stewart Punch. The flower was made from SU! patterned paper and the scallop circle punch.

Anyone interested in a tutorial for making the flowers or the lace? Let me know!!!

More posts to come... I got my first commission! I have to check with the comission-ee before posting cards on here... IYKNWIM!!

Enjoy.
C xx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yes tutorial on both please!!!