Monday, January 18, 2010

Colour!



Remember my resolution to use more colour....? Well heres another of those cards. I was aiming for a male card but im not sure I pulled it off.


The colours are very male but what do you think of the finished card? I stamped the main image onto the card blank then again onto another piece of white, then I cut the centre of the medallion out. Next I covered the whole centre with VersaMark ink and sprinkled with clear embossing powder which I then heat set... I love the medallion stamp its nice and big and fills a card on its own...

I need your opinions on this one people! Is it still too feminine? Would it work for a man? Why do we cardmakers have such a hard time making 'men' cards?

Recipe: All SU!
Whisper white, tempting turquoise, basic black cardstock.
Tempting turquoise ink.
Medallion background stamp.
Versamark & SU! Clear Embossing powder.
Stampin Dimensionals, square scallop punch, paper piercer, rhinestone brad.

TTFN

C xx

3 comments:

Becki said...

I love the colourway! I think if I were doing this for a man I would leave the scallops out; I tend to go for very plain shapes when I'm doing "man-cards".

Having said that, it is absolutely beautiful!

Hugs,

Becki
xx

Germaine Ferrao -Lenn said...

That is so pretty, TFS - hope you had a good holiday season! Talk to you soon! HUgs always!

Vicki said...

Hi Carolynne, wow what a beautiful card with a lovely colour scheme.



Thank you so very much for the lovely comment you left on my "Rose is a Rose" cardover at In Love With Stamping, I tried to send you a private Message but it wouldn't allow me to. The lattice was created using a Martha Stewart deep edge punch which I got from Dies To Die For, hope that helps you out. Happy crafting xx vicki xx