Tuesday, September 15, 2009

New & Improved Service... New Cards...

I now know what I have been missing... The new Whizzy Machine is AWESOME!!! Ive edited and uploaded about 20 photos already and its only 8.20am!
OK, so Ive been playing with my new toys I bought at the craft shop... Specifically the Sissix Sizzlitz Die (try saying that 5 times fast!) in my Big Shot. Ive just used the swirly one... My mission was to create 3 cards using the swirl and some of the images I coloured recently with my SU! Markers and watercolour brush... (Oh and of course my Nestabilites too!!!)

I stamped a whole bunch of images as soon as I got my new stamps and have been colouring gradually when I have time. There were some I had messed up on the shadowing so I just cut them out!

Heres the first card...


Ive used the Kraft cardstock I bought and the Tea & Crumpets Papers from Stampin Up!. I folded the strip along the bottom and pierced a strip that I had used my scallop edge punch on. This is lifted up with 3d foam... The swirly-gigs could be a problem to stick down but I ran them through my xyron sticker maker and it was easy peasy...



The nesties shape was cut out in so saffron but was too much of a contrast so I sponged it a little round the edges to tone it down... 2 Layers of stickles glitter on the wings, some Liquid Pearls from Ranger and its done!

Recipe: Sugar Nellie stamp is Bumble Bee by Suzanne Woolcott.
Inks: Black Staz-On and SU! Markers.
Kraft cardstock and watercolour paper from craft shop. Tea & Crumpets Designer Series Paper from SU!
Sissix Sizzlits Die 'Scribbles Swirls' and Liquid Pearls by Ranger in Gold Pearl and White Opal.
Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Ovals Large.

Another 2 cards to follow but this is by far MY favourite... I will show you Abbis favourite next...

TTFN

C xx

1 comment:

Abi Bundy said...

Love this card carolynne! I have that stamp but haven't had chance to play with it yet! i really must sit down and play with it!