Friday, September 25, 2009

Promised Christmas Cards... Set 1

Boy, did I have a productive day yesterday or what?

I managed to design and make a total of 10 Christmas Cards yesterday! It was only 9 at 9pm but I had to make another as I cant leave an odd number...! Im going to show them to you in batches of 2... as I was looking at them I seemed to have made them in sets of 2 so...

Now I have been printing examples and jotting down layouts and colour combinations for a while, putting them in my 'Christmas File'. I pulled out all my notes and started brainstorming ideas. I have come up with my basics for this years cards... A Kraft (or light brown) card base as it works with white or vanilla cardstock... A dash of ribbon, some fancy borders and a splash of glitter. There is also a certain 'look' Im trying to achieve so the layouts are all similar...

So heres the first 2 I made...




This one actually was a mistake-cover-up jobby! I tried to watercolour the dove a little and used too much ink. So I just re-stamped in a green, cut it out and covered with glitter... I think it looks better this way!


The colouring on this one went ok so I just blinged up some red berries...




Cute Huh?

Recipe.
Stamps: Gifts of Christmas (SU!)
Card: Kraft and SU! Very Vanilla.
Paper: I Wish Scrappin Kit (SU!)
Inks: SU! Chocolate Chip and Colour Q light brown.
Ribbon: SU Very Vanilla 5/8" Grosgrain, SU Ribbon Originals - Mistletoe (Holiday Mini).
Ranger Liquid Pearls, Stickles red Glitter, SU heat n stick & Dazzling Diamonds glitter. Martha Stewart Punch.

Be sure to come back and see the rest of the cards as Im using some of the fab new products from the SU Holiday Mini Catalog... Can I say FLOCKED PAPER! Oooooo!

TTFN

C xx

1 comment:

AuroraDawn said...

Gorgeous cards Carolynne, that stamp set is to die for ....

Love the colour combos :O)