Monday, August 31, 2009

ITS CHRISTMAS!!!


OK OK OK! I know its not really, but Im trying to get a head start on my Crimbo cards this year... Last year I had a few original designs but ended up with one generic card in 3 different colour schemes. I mass produced these cards and felt really bad sending them out!

I recently invested in some Sugar Nellie stamps, thinking I would like to play some more with colouring... Boy have I had fun!!!

This image is coloured using the SU Markers and a watercolour brush! The only thing I have been struggling with is the shadow/outline around the main image...

Ive gone around it with a Bashful blue marker but only the 'thin' end as I think the 'brush' end would be too much... What I really want to know is what Copic Marker do you all use to do the shadows? I may just invest in a couple of these to get the look I want. Dont get me wrong, I love the effect the SU pens give. I think (for me!) the copics are a bit to cartoon-y and I love the 'rough' look of watercolouring...

Any advice gratefully recieved...!

Recipe: Snowflake - Elisabeth Bell, Sugar Nellie stamps. Backgound - SU Snow Burst stamps.
Inks: Black StazOn, SU Markers
Watercolour Paper, SU Old Olive Cardstock, Holiday Treasures DS Paper.
Stickles glitter.

Enjoy,
TTFN

C xx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Its fabulous Carolyn. I managed a trip earlier this year to the house of sugar and boy the girls are truly friendly. the shops is gorgeous too. Too many nice things in there;-) Glad your all settling in nicely now.

Hugs
Melanie