Monday, August 31, 2009
A wish for Anya!
I told you I was having fun with my colouring...
I came back to a colour challenge I completed the other week on ILWS. It was to use Black, white, red and mustard. Well I could have used the mustard for the ground but then Anya would look like she stepped in something nasty, hence her expression! So I decided to 'cut the mustard'!
My colouring is improving - I think! This image was cut out with my new Spellbinders Nestabilities Dies... These are gorge as you can cut AND emboss with the same die! I just use them with my Big Shot (Sizzix) but they work in most die cutting machines... Gives a lovely professional finish...
Ive also attempted to use my white gel pen and add some highlights. Not quite right yet but Im working on it!
What do you think of the flower detail? I found some Hat Pins topped with pearls (courtesy of Hobby Lobby) and a big tub of random glass beads... Fun huh?
The flower is glued down first, then I tied the first part of the knot in the ribbon, added the pin and finished the knot over the top.
I even remembered to deal with the inside of the card. Nothing worse than trying to work out how to write a message on black cardstock!
Recipe: Anya Stamp from Sugar Nellie. Wish from SU.
Inks: Black StazOn. SU Markers & watercolour brush.
Black and Whisper White SU Cardstock. SU Real Red DS Paper. Square scallop punch, SU Oval Scallop and small oval punch. Ribbon from stash (chocolate box I think!) Flower and beads Michaels/Hobby Lobby.
Hope you like... I will probably bore you with all my new Sugar Nellies and Anya's for a while... Im a kid with a new toy. SOZ!