Monday, August 17, 2009

Stamp With Us - Colour Challenge

PHEW! Had a scary moment or two today... The PC froze on me and wouldnt re-boot or do anything it should do for about 4 hours! AAARRRGGGGHHH! It always seems to protest when the Other Half isnt here! Just my luck!!!

Anyway, just as I was warming up my lap top and trying to connect the ethernet cable (internet) to it when, Whizz, Bang, Pop! Old Reliable decides to wake up again. Seems all I needed to do was disconnect the modem for some reason...

Anyway heres a different project for me... Its for a challenge over on Stamp With Us to use this photo as the inspiration for a project...

Ewwwww! Bright Colours! NOT ME!

Heres my card, Its a interesting fold too. Its called a side step card and measures 5" x 5" when folded. Fun huh? Dont ask for the measurements as I dont remember! (I think I got the instructions a while ago from Splitcoast Stampers for those that visit there...)



I made the patterned paper myself using my new stamp set from SU! called 5th Avenue Floral... LOVE IT!


I also made the flowers myself using the round scallop punch and an embossing tool...

Recipe: All cardstock SU - Whisper White, Pink Passion, Only Orange, Real Red. Details with Rose Red, Perfect Plum, Certainly Celery, Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chip.
Stamps: 5th Avenue Floral and Best Yet.
Inks: Pink Passion, Only Orange and Real Red.
Round Scallop Punch, White Gel Pen. Stickles Glitter Glue.

Im loving the challenges at the moment can you tell? Makes you think outside your comfort zone!
Enjoy!

TTFN

C xx

6 comments:

Hayley said...

I'm soooo jealous love that stamp set - hope we get it!
Fab card - love the colours - its so vibrant
x

Sara said...

Ooh not tried a side stair step - only done the plain one so far. I like this fold and love your background paper! Sara xx

Stephanie said...

What a wonderful card hun - just gorgeous!

Hugs
Steph xxx

Steph said...

This is really pretty hun, I love the layout of the card - great job x

sugacatz said...

love this card. I have never seen this style of card before. you have inspired me to head to scs to find the instructions. Thanks. Lx

simplyfairies said...

This is fabulous, ... love the background you have made too!